2014 is the year of the Pullip Doll for me, and this one is my favorite. Her name is Youtsuzu and she comes dressed in a truly detailed kimono with approximately 5 layers of fabric.
Assembly was a little complicated, since she came with:
- A hair bun clip wrapped in the doll’s hair!
- A butterfly-shaped hair accessory
- 6 Japanese hair sticks
- A red ribbon hair accessory
- A belt (that I used as a shawl)
- A gold belt clip
- Traditional shoes that were a pain to get on her feet
- And a Doll Stand
She was worth the trouble of course. I would highly recommend this doll for any Pullip or doll collector. She displays so well and passed my mom’s “authenticity” test for anything Asian.