After much scouring, inner struggle, and suffering, I found an original Tokidoki Luna doll on eBay and guess what? I won her for $100! Deals can be had, people! (If by “deal” you think $100 is cheap for a doll. Don’t judge me.)
Anyway, she is lovely – if you aren’t familiar with Tokidoki, it’s a Japanese art lifestyle brand designed by an Italian artist in LA named Simone Legno. Tokidoki means “sometimes” in Japanese – though I have not confirmed this with my Okasan. Anyway you have probably seen the artwork and not even realized it.
Here’s my half-ass video review of Tokidoki Luna – which I must have done half asleep because I forgot to mention some of her cool accessories!
Luna comes with:
- Knit black beanie with the character “Adios” on it
- A shirt, pleated skirt, thigh high socks, black shorts, studded booties, and a neck and wrist cuff
- A second Tokidoki print shirt that matches the little black shorts she’s wearing
- A functional Tokidoki bag
- A plush Donutella
- Two sheets of tattoo stickers
Luna was the first collaboration doll between Tokidoki and Groove, who produces the dolls and she was a huge hit with doll collectors. So huge that she sold out, and the company did another collaboration doll, Luna Rosa (and coming in May – Violetta). In these pics, I’ve included some of my cute little Tokidoki accessories. Enjoy!